Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

9/11/01: I was a junior in college. Nineteen-years-old. I was in calculus class when the first plane hit. I didn't know anything happened until I went back to my dorm room and the girl across the hall said, "a plane hit one of the twin towers." Even then it didn't really affect me. I walked to my sociology class, and then I began to realize that this was something big. No one talked the whole class. We just watched. Watched both of the towers collapse. Watching the images over and over again - it's hard to believe it's been 10 years since this tragedy.

In the past 10 years, our family has been personally affected by the terrorist attacks. Andy spent all of 2010 in Afghanistan, and we were left to hold down the fort while we waited for him to return. Here are our personal pictures in memory of 9/11/01.

Andy in Afghanistan: 2010



Ethan loving his daddy's cammies: 2007



Jackson's shirt says: "My dad is a real American hero."





And not to forget the emergency personnel who were the warriors that day. Here's a shout out to my dad. He was a volunteer firefighter for many, many years. Love ya, Dad!

No comments: