Saturday, October 1, 2011

30.

I turned 30 on September 29th. I know what you're thinking, "How could someone so young, beautiful, active, and all-out fabulous actually be 30?" Believe it. I had quite the pity party for myself in the days leading up to this momentous occasion. Mostly because I'm a drama queen. But as I spoke to my elders (aka spouse, friends, and family who have hit this milestone before me), I realized that my 20's were EXHAUSTING. College and grad school, two babies, living in a foreign country, deployments. Are you kidding me? I have none of those things waiting for me in the 30's. I'm going to relax! But if anyone mistakes me for being in my 20's, I'm not going to correct them!

Andy and the boys got me a new bike (a few days early). We've been biking daily now that it is no longer 5,000 degrees outside.



My wonderful mother-in-law made me a delicious chocolate birthday cake.



Wishing for a relaxing year.



My hubs surprised me at work and took me out to lunch. Then when I got home, he had decked out the house in 30's decor. Thank you friends and family for the gifts and well wishes. Looking at this picture makes me realize how much I've accomplished in the last 30 years and how much I have to look forward to.

2 comments:

Brandi & Jennie said...

HOT Mama!

Kurtis and Melissa said...

You are soooo young, beautiful, active, and all-out fabulous. You have such an awesome family they are blessed to have you as their Mommy, Happy Birthday!!