Sunday, February 5, 2012

RollerBoys

Last weekend, since there was no football on (besides the boring ProBowl), we decided to go rollerskating. Grandma Vicki loves rollerskating, and we figured it would be a fun outing. Fun? Sort of. Crowded? YES. Have I mentioned, my husband and sons SUCK in crowds? Because they do. Jackson got his skates on; realized how tricky it was going to be; and immediately asked to leave. Ethan, too, was frustrated by the fact that he wasn't automatically awesome at skating, but he didn't give up quite so easily; and once he got his hands on a skate mate, he was good to go. Andy, Vicki, and I had fun when we weren't keeping small children from falling. I think every child in Broken Arrow had an urge to go skating this day. In the end, we had fun, but next time we go, let's hope there are a lot less people there.

All fun and games until they wanted to move.
This is the only picture I could get of Jack.



Ethan was MUCH happier once he got a skate mate. I forgot to mention, skate mates were available at a ratio of about one skate mate to every 459 kids. They were like GOLD. I had to nearly fight other moms for this one.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Looks like fun! Glad you could get some roller skating in.